sensation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sensation

A place with a different taste, be your own super star

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchLinksRegisterLog in

proud Thinking loud

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bethere
Still posting
Still posting
bethere

Female
Number of posts : 234
Vote bar :
proud Thinking loud Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100proud Thinking loud Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-26

proud Thinking loud Empty
PostSubject: proud Thinking loud   proud Thinking loud Empty8th August 2007, 1:16 am

It is not wrong to be proud When I was young I did not understand affirmative action, the existence of group for non whites that I could not join, being white, scholarships that I could not get because I am white etc. I thought that it was terribly unfair, and in fact it is. I always felt that I was taking the consequences based on the actions of others, I just was not sure for whom or why, and it made me angry of who you are. It is wrong to be proud based on the idea that your cultural or genetic background makes you any better that anybody else is
When I was young I did not understand affirmative action, the existence of group for non whites that I could not join, being white, scholarships that I could not get because I am white etc. I thought that it was terribly unfair, and in fact it is. I always felt that I was taking the consequences based on the actions of others, I just was not sure for whom or why, and it made me angry
Back to top Go down
MsPrivilege
Sexy Moderator
Sexy Moderator
MsPrivilege

Female
Number of posts : 210
Vote bar :
proud Thinking loud Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100proud Thinking loud Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: proud Thinking loud   proud Thinking loud Empty8th August 2007, 6:20 pm

Be There - from what I understand, affirmative action is actually a positive thing. Being caucasian myself, I can understand where you get upset for sort of being 'duped' just because a minority got more scholoarships / it was easier to get scholarships because of the color of your skin!

It's life though! Sometimes you have to suck it up and be thankful for the things you have and in fact can get.

I'm a little confused with your post though - call me ignorant or an airhead but I'm really scratching my head.

If you're in the states, call yourself lucky. I'm serious. There are third world nations that are truly divided just because of their last names, sweetie. They're the same race, but there is a true divided line and it affects employment, schooling, just everything in life!!!!

Hope I don't offend you, but I'm just confused.
Back to top Go down
bethere
Still posting
Still posting
bethere

Female
Number of posts : 234
Vote bar :
proud Thinking loud Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100proud Thinking loud Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: proud Thinking loud   proud Thinking loud Empty8th August 2007, 10:25 pm

It was back then and i am thankful, but if you, like I, believe that there is unfairness and that everybody should be treated equally remember that the blame for the current situation of favoritism rests squarely on the shoulders of groups like the Ku Klux Klan and the Aryan Nations. They are the reason that life seems very much harder for a poor white person than it often seems from that perspective for a person of color.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: proud Thinking loud   proud Thinking loud Empty

Back to top Go down

proud Thinking loud
Page 1 of 1