sensation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sensation

A place with a different taste, be your own super star

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchLinksRegisterLog in

What should they do

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dede The Admin
Saxy Admin
Saxy Admin
Dede The Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1021
hobbies : Painting
How do you feel : What should they do 596
Vote bar :
What should they do Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100What should they do Right_bar_bleue

country flag : What should they do Www.bah1.ws_27%20(11260)
Registration date : 2007-05-23

What should they do Empty
PostSubject: What should they do   What should they do Empty10th September 2007, 8:48 pm

What should schools do for children who have school and learning problems? Like they have extra language which they don’t bear and it's hard for them to learn?
Back to top Go down
http://sensation.forumotion.com
MsPrivilege
Sexy Moderator
Sexy Moderator
MsPrivilege

Female
Number of posts : 210
Vote bar :
What should they do Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What should they do Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What should they do   What should they do Empty11th September 2007, 11:53 am

Excellent question. I think first of all, the school should have specialized teachers to deal with students in that situation.

this isn't particularly an answer to your question, but I think it is sort of linked:

When I was growing up, there was a 'remedial' section for the weaker students. The school I went to had three different classes for each grade level. So, they would categorize all the students and divide them up into level. For example, there was group A that was the strongest, group B was good and then group C was average. Any student lower would be put into remedial. I remember that often times students from remedial would get stronger and get bumped back up to group C or B.

Fast Forward to now and I remember when my son went to school in the states, they just integrated all the students together in a classroom due to lack of government funding. While that may seem ok, it was stressful on the teacher because she was dealing with all types of students - some had serious learning disabilities, had handicaps, etc. Finding a 'middle ground' to teach to was almost impossible! But, kuddos to her because I don't know if I would have made it a week in that situation! She made the classroom quite kid friendly - she set up little 'centers' where there was an area with pillows on the floor for reading, computers in another area, blocks for making patterns, etc.

So, I guess my answer would be to say that they need to really have someone specialized for those kids, and put them in a separate setting. It may seem like pulling them away from the group, but I think it might be easier on them if they were surrounded by kids in the same situation. Know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
Dede The Admin
Saxy Admin
Saxy Admin
Dede The Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1021
hobbies : Painting
How do you feel : What should they do 596
Vote bar :
What should they do Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100What should they do Right_bar_bleue

country flag : What should they do Www.bah1.ws_27%20(11260)
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: What should they do   What should they do Empty11th September 2007, 12:19 pm

Yes but who will listen.
Back to top Go down
http://sensation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should they do   What should they do Empty

Back to top Go down

What should they do
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sensation :: My forum :: Chit-chat-
Jump to: